Tripper's Last Week

 This post is going to be short and sweet. The McCormick Family has been going nuts for the past two weeks trying to get everything in order before we leave Salisbury. There was Salisbury Graduation (a tearful goodbye to all of the students but especially the seniors) followed by the faculty party where my boss and Mike's boss (who are married and their two cute little girls were the flower girls in our wedding) almost brought me tears on three different occasions...but now there is Reunion (like right now). I've snuck away for a minute to try to wrap up everything here in the office, but got tears in my eyes when I had to break down Tripper's cage.
 Tomorrow we meet up with the Clark family who will take Tripper. We have already met them once, they have two teenage children, an older Golden Retriever and a little dog (Pomeranian I think). Tripper was very nice to the Golden and understood that he was too young to rough house with...and the kids will be a nice addition to playmates.
We asked Tarra to take the pictures above so we could make sure we remembered our last days with Tripper. I'll post more later when I have more time. But I just wanted everything to be thinking about us tomorrow as we make the drive to Winstead, CT and say goodbye to Tripper for the final time. If you're getting teary eyed reading this...know that I started crying when I started typing. I'll miss him so much...and will be waiting patiently for the day he retires as a Guide Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment