GSD


I've never owed a German Shepard dog before. In my lifetime I've lived with a peak-a-cock-a-poo, mutt (probably lab cocker spaniel mix), beagle, golden retriever, toller, Australian Shepard, lab and border collie. And including all of the family and friends dogs...I've never even known anyone with a GSD.

So I wasn't 100% sure what to expect when we got Tripper. Obviously I read everything I could get my hands on. I knew how smart they were and how loyal and just like boarder collies, when a family fell in love with a GSD they were unlikely to pick another breed.

The other thing you should know is Mike has had plenty of experience with GSD's, his aunt and grandmother had one growing up. In fact he was attacked by both of them. He wasn't hurt but he has been cautious around GSD ever since (can't blame him.)

The point of this story is that Tripper gave me the biggest surprise this week. When I am dropping him off to Mike so I can go to lax practice, Mike is reporting that he is constantly looking for me and takes a while to settle. Now I know I spend more time with Tripper than I have with the other dogs that I have raised...but it's kind of crazy that he misses me that much when he's with Mike.

Anyway it was super cute and just makes me smile thinking about it. It's going to be SUPER hard to give him up, but knowing he'll love his next owner as much as me and will make that owner smile too...makes it that much easier to think about.

 And just for fun, check out this really cute video of a cat playing with a dolphin. Talk about making you smile!!



1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and the story....it a special bond with the dog and you are a special lady to do what you are doing! Very proud.

    Love Mom

    ps -- the video is marked private.

    ReplyDelete