Tripper Visit


Now that Mike and I are finally settled in our new place in Maryland, I just now got around to downloading pictures from the summer. And obviously the best pictures are from my visit with Tripper and his new family the Clarks. But before we get to that I should fill you in on our summer.

After moving out of our spacious (free) 4 bedroom house at Salisbury (oh the perks of working at a boarding school!) we moved in with my parents for a couple of months to help save a couple of bucks. While we were very excited to move the bills that come with renting were not so exciting. So we moved in with the rents and pups Riley and Maya.

Most of July was spent playing lacrosse and visiting family and friends. The end of July and beginning of August started a very crazy and eventful month for us. We moved into our new apartment outside of DC. Thankfully we hired movers because unpacking our two Pods and lugging all of out stuff into the house ended up being a six hour job for six strong men. But then the next day Mike and I had to rent a truck and repack all of the stuff that didn't fit into our tiny apartment.


After a week of unpacking and getting settled I was happy for a well placed trip to attend one of my best friend's bridal shower in CT.
 But before spending some well needed time with my UConn girls I got to visit Tripper!!
The  Clark Family was nice enough to host me for the day and let me visit with my favorite Guide Dog. They video taped our hello and it was super cute...he might have made my lip bleed from kissing me too hard...but it was worth it. 


After spending some time in the back yard we went to a local park to let him swim a little. Tripper and I went in my car to spend a little alone time. It was clear that he hasn't been on our kind of car ride in a while.
As soon as Tripper jumped in the car he frantically inhaled all of the smells of his long lost sisters. Then he just sort of sat there not sure what to do.  Until he finally remembered about the window...
and the joy of sticking his head out of it.
I forgot to bring my camera swimmies but needless to say he was pooped after.
It was so great to see my big man. Mike and I are really thankful that he's happy with the Clark Family and they are taking such good care of him. He'll be going in for his training pretty soon and then he'll be on the final stages to becoming a real Guide Dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment