Tripper Check In


It's been two weeks since we've said good bye to Tripper. Luckily for us the past two weeks have been full of packing, moving, weddings, conventions and lacrosse tournaments...so there hasn't been too much time to think about how much we miss Trippy.
Thankfully the Clark family has been amazing on keeping us up to date with how he's doing and what they're up to. They had to give away their Fidelco dog Samson, so they understand how hard saying goodbye was. They have two teenage children, Mathew and Amanda who have already bonded with Tripper and introduced them to their own pets...Buddy, a golden, Panda, a Pomeranian and their bird.
We we first met the Clarks Amanda asked me if I thought Tripper would eat the bird. I was hesitant as I know Tripper is very trainable and would never mean to hurt anything...but I said yes, if the bird flew right past him I think he could try and take a chunk out of it. Needless to say they have been introducing the bird slowly. Tripper was afraid at first (shocker) but now is getting better, mostly barking at it. I suggested to Eva (the mom) to feed Tripper near the cage to help get him used to the bird, she says he's been getting better.
Now that school is out everyone is home for the summer...a great time to transition Tripper to a new home. The kids have been playing with him a lot in the back yard...thought no lacrosse, he's been playing soccer and chasing the badminton birdie around like crazy.

He's been doing a good job of leaving Buddy alone...I think he probably likes getting so much attention in his new home. Without Rocky around he probably runs the show over there....although Panda isn't shy to put him in his place either!  


The Clarks say that training wise he's been really good for them. They've taken him so many places already, flea markets, shopping and everywhere else with them. Mike and I are so thankful he's adjusted well and is enjoying his new family.

Even among all the ciaos of the past two weeks, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him and miss him. Sometimes it's when I wake up and reach my hand down off the bed expecting to receive a kiss, or even when I go to the grocery store dog-less...he was really apart of every second of my day and I truly miss him.
Aside from Tripper we of course miss our family best friends Maya and Tarra. Later this week they will finish packing their bags for the long drive to St. Louis. Though it will be easier to get updates from them, our time in Connecticut would not have been the same without the Rawdon's or Tripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment